Why I blog...

I use this blog as a kind of therapy. Sometimes I'm happy and want to share it, sometimes it's just a random thought and sometimes it's to deal with things in my past. After all a burden shared is a burden halved

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Someone who’s made a big impact on me recently

WritersBootcamp challenge day 20 topic: Someone who's made a big impact on me recently...





my gran, my mom, me and my daughters with their daughters. 5 generations in all.

I had to think long and hard about this one, I can't really say that anyone has made a huge impact on my life recently, but there is one person who has made the biggest impact on my life from day one and continues to do so...my gran.

My Ma as I like to call her has been the moral compass in my life. She was my first parental figure and her influence has and continues to steer the course of my daily life.

She is a woman of high morals and virtues, she has a loving soul and is the epitome of compassion.
The way she reaches out to others in need has been something I have always admired and hope to simulate in a small way.

When making decisions regarding community and dealing with others I always stop and reflect on the way she does it and this has definitely influenced the way I do things.

She celebrated her 80th birthday in May this year, we had big party for her with all her family and friends.
As I looked around the room, her 5 children, her grandchildren, her great grandchildren and even her great great grandchildren, I realised that none of them would be here if it were not for her.

Her life has touched so many lives through the years and I only hope one day to have half the legacy she will leave behind some day.


No comments:

Post a Comment