Why I blog...

I use this blog as a kind of therapy. Sometimes I'm happy and want to share it, sometimes it's just a random thought and sometimes it's to deal with things in my past. After all a burden shared is a burden halved

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Dream job Day 5 @Writersbootcmp challenge

I must admit I found this topic a bit of a challenge:  Topic for day 5: Find a job ad in the paper. Write about your life if you had that job.

I mean I already have two of the best jobs on the planet, why would I look for another one? First problem I found was that the only newspaper we had in the house was used to start a fire in the Jetmaster. So I deviated a little and searched online for a job I thought sounded interesting.
Job ad: A 5 star luxury Lodge situated on a beautiful Nature Reserve is looking for a lodge host (live in).





5:30 am Wake up, shower and get ready to face the day.

6:00 am Check bookings to see who is arriving today, check on breakfast requirements of current guests.

7:00 am Check with maintenance to make sure the hot water has been fixed in chalet 24

7:30 am Breakfast served to early guest in dining room, make sure guests who requested room service get their breakfast at 8 am.

8:00 am Have breakfast

8:30 am Cleaning staff arrive, hand out agenda, laundry detail etc.

9:00 am Welcome new arrivals and ensure they have correct rooms.

9:30 am Apologise for mix up in room 13 for incorrect breakfast order, ensure customer is satisfied with your apology.

10: am Organise day trips and outings for guests in rooms 12, 16 and 22.

11:00 am Tea break (sit and marvel at the awesome surroundings) you live and work on a nature reserve for goodness sake, soak it all in. Get interrupted by a complaint form room 14, go check it out.

12:00 am Oversee lunch detail

13:00 Have your own lunch by the river and contemplate living another life or being elsewhere.

14:00 Check out for guests in room 21, organise shuttle service.

15:00 Afternoon game drive for guests on the special stay package.

16:00 Check on domestic staff, ensure all empty rooms have been cleaned and linen has been replaced.

17:00 Domestic and gardening staff leave for the day, security check.

18:00 Ensure dinner requirements are met and welcome evening bar staff.

19:00 Retire to your room (with a much needed glass of wine) and hope no one calls with another complaint. Maybe watch a little TV

Oh how lucky I am to get to mingle with foreign guests of such a high calibre and to live in such beautiful surroundings.







No comments:

Post a Comment