Why I blog...

I use this blog as a kind of therapy. Sometimes I'm happy and want to share it, sometimes it's just a random thought and sometimes it's to deal with things in my past. After all a burden shared is a burden halved

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Even if you know me well, you won't know this

The past couple of months we moved house, started planning our wedding, had a few ups and downs
a photo I took last year on my blackberry
financially and through it all I have neglected my blog. I am not a prolific writer at the best of times so my blog has never been a priority. So I decided to try this challenge in order to get me in the mood to blog again.

Even if you know me well, you won't know this: * I suck my thumb. I do it when I am comfortable and relaxed. I can't fall asleep without it and I have not been able to stop. If I have a cold and my nose is blocked I am highly irritated because if I have to breathe through my mouth and that means I can't suck my thumb and if I can't suck my thumb, I can't sleep. My family tried all sorts of things to me when I was little to get me to stop, needless to say, none of them worked. 

* I like symmetry in my decor, like if we have lamps in the bedroom next to the bed, they must be identical. I do not like things to be out of place in the house and will get very annoyed when things are not put back in their proper living space. I realise I have 3 step kids, 3 grown up children and 2 grandchildren, so when they are all visiting, the house is always a mess. I love having my children over and enjoy their company, but feel very stressed after they have gone, because now I have to put everything back in its place. On the upside though, I find cleaning helps to calm me (as long as I am left alone to do so) and I feel a great sense of achievement when the house is neat.

* I have very strong feelings about toilet paper in odd numbers!!! (now I can see your raised eyebrow and hear you mumbling under your cough "batshitcrazy") I have no idea why, but I cannot buy toilet rolls in denominations that are uneven. You buy 2, 4 or 24 but never 3, 9 or any uneven number EVER!!!! My fiance thinks this is quite funny and will often throw 3 toilet rolls into the shopping trolley just to get a reaction out of me. Shame he doesn't get out much and has to get his entertainment somewhere.

* Lastly I hate not knowing something. Like if you start a sentence and then halfway through say "Ag never mind it's not important" This is a pet peeve of mine. Now not only will I forever wonder what it was you were going to say, but my mind will obsess over it and think of all the gazillion possibilities of what it could be.

I dislike Sci-fi movies and heavy metal music. I love classical music, Akon, autobiographies and thrillers.

Oh and I love trees!

And here endeth confession hour.



4 comments:

  1. Lol. Well done Karen. You were so brave to share such personal stuff :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If ever you feel stressed you can come and clean my house any time. It's the least I can do for a friend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wahahaha Lisa thanks for that!!! true friend you are x

      Delete