Why I blog...

I use this blog as a kind of therapy. Sometimes I'm happy and want to share it, sometimes it's just a random thought and sometimes it's to deal with things in my past. After all a burden shared is a burden halved

Monday, May 31, 2010

The wedding!!!!


attached is a few wedding pictures; enjoy!





So Sat the 29th of May was my daughter's wedding day. Melissa Meyer was my middle daughter, I had her when I was 18years old and now she is 19 and all grown up. The wedding went off well, we were all a bunch of nerves in the beginning but in the end it all worked out. Melissa has changed her name to Jasmin as she has married a Muslim and converted to Islam she also has a new surname and a husband. I was a very proud mama to see my daughter looking so beautiful she was positively glowing. It was a very full day starting with the men going off to the mosque while the women stayed behind and dressed the bride in a stunning satin blue dress. Then we all met together in the hall to have a meal together and watch them exchange rings. Next we went home to change into her White traditional wedding dress and it was off to the church for a christian ceremony. There I watched as her dad walked her down the isle with pride and gave her to her husband. My son was the dashingly handsome best man and did a very good "oh no I lost the ring impression" searching all his pockets before he finally found it. They drove off after rice was thrown in a vintage car to take photo's. We were very fortunate God had smiled upon us this day as we had the most beautiful weather. after the photo's it was off to the hall for the reception. All I can say was there was food, food and more food. After the reception it was time to go and see the house that the grooms family had been preparing for the new couple. All went well until his gran took my daughter by the hand and said to me; "say goodbye to your girl she is part of our family now". That's when I could no longer hold back my tears and I sobbed my heart out. Saying goodbye is always hard.

attached is a few wedding pictures; enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. please tell that sexy man in the picture wow hes just to die for please sms his cell number to me.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it very scary that you are saying goodbye, that she was your daughter. Not sure I would be coping with this.

    ReplyDelete