Why I blog...

I use this blog as a kind of therapy. Sometimes I'm happy and want to share it, sometimes it's just a random thought and sometimes it's to deal with things in my past. After all a burden shared is a burden halved

Monday, July 19, 2010

Reaching for your Dreams



Have you ever had a dream that came true? Did it live up to your expectations?

For a long time I had this dream of starting a new life and a vague idea of what that would be like. All I had to do was take that big bold step towards it. All the while hoping things would be great and praying for the happiness I felt I deserved which had eluded me for so long. I know what you're thinking; "who am I to demand happiness and bliss?" And you would be right this is the real world where utopia is but a myth. But you know I had come to a crossroads in my life where values and priorities were changing and the need to please other people even to my own detriment was starting to wane. I wanted to be my first priority for a change (dammit). This notion, the more I thought about it seemed both practical and selfish. So for a very long time I kept putting it off. Then one day I met some new friends who gave me a new perspective and taught me that it was quite okay to think of oneself now and then and demand nothing but extreme bliss. None of them lead a perfect life, but in their imperfection I saw happiness shinning through it all. It was then and there that I realised I needed to take care of ME first! because only then can I offer my family and friends the best of me.

It was a very rainy Monday evening when I packed up all my material possessions, loaded my little yellow car and sped off towards my new future.
I have been divorced 2months now and have been living with my new partner 5 weeks.

This dream I had of what it would be like to share a life with someone new was now a reality. And let me tell you!!!! the dream was nothing compared to the reality. I always worried that the reality wouldn't quite live up to the fantasy, but I am very happy to say BOY was I wrong. The reality of my new life with my new man has far surpassed all my dreams in so many ways.

I would say on a scale of 1-10 of the bliss-o-meter it's about 15!

So if I'm ever in a quandary again about following my heart and my dreams, next time I will not hesitate. I will not procrastinate. I will dive in head first!!!

1 comment:

  1. i am so happy for you you go girl never look back or go back from where you came you left to much hurt there dont look back just forward and be happy and enjoy the rest of your life from now until the end with no regrets......

    ReplyDelete