Why I blog...

I use this blog as a kind of therapy. Sometimes I'm happy and want to share it, sometimes it's just a random thought and sometimes it's to deal with things in my past. After all a burden shared is a burden halved

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I want expensive lipstick dammit


I have a best friend and her name is Coleen. Coleen has not yet been blessed/cursed(depending on wether you are having a good week or not) with children, yet. She is much younger than I am and her husband feels there is still plenty of time for such things in the distant future. coleen and I used to work together and every payday we would take a monthly trip to clicks in our lunch break to "splurge" or rather she would splurge while I looked on disapprovingly. I would buy necessities for the home while she would buy make up and other interesting 'girly' things. All the while I would be thinking of how many bottles of Sta-soft and dish washing liquid i could have bought for the same price as her day cream. There was never any animosity or sense of competition between us, I was merely noting the differences in lifestyle choices. While I secretly wished I could buy the moisture rich lipstick from Estee Lauder (that costs more than I'd care to say) rather than the the cheap one on the sale rack. She in turn was quietly yearning to start a family and become a mom.
I guess it's a case of "you are never happy with what you have" The old cliche' that the grass is always greener on the other side. Ah but is it really greener or does it merely appear to be greener? Well you can never know the answer to that question unless you venture out, over the bridge to the other side and find out for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I think the grass can be green on both sides. Circumstances put the grass on the other side in a different light and make it appear to be greener... But if you make the most of whichever side you find yourself on, you'll be satisfied. The fulfillment doesn't come fom the grass, but our experience of it. I think it is important to have empathy for others, grass can mean different things t different people. You seem to have that, which shows you will appreciate your own perspective more. I want the grass that's full of surprises, myself. Hope you get to find a patch that suits you, too.x

    ReplyDelete