Why I blog...

I use this blog as a kind of therapy. Sometimes I'm happy and want to share it, sometimes it's just a random thought and sometimes it's to deal with things in my past. After all a burden shared is a burden halved

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Idle threats and choose day



I always like to think that a person is as good as their word and if they say they are going to do something, they do.

As a mom I know the value of following through on your word. If you make an idle threat and your kid cottons onto you, they remember this and next time might not be as co-operative as you want.

So why then, after months of threatening my boyfriend that I was going to propose this leap year, did I not follow through?

I thought about it, a lot! And came up with this conclusion;

I am a girl, it may not look like it, but I am in fact a girly girl. I like make-up, high heels, pretty dresses, jewelry and bags. I am a romantic and still believe that chivalry is not dead. I like to be surprised (even though I want to know everything). And I like it when my boyfriend shows me he cares.

Now don’t get me wrong I am also a feminist who firmly believes that women are equal to men in all ways possible and that we are by no means the weaker sex.

But in the end I realized, I am just a girl, who believes in happy endings and fairy tale romances. A girl who wants to be swept off her feet. A girl who likes the idea of the handsome prince coming to save her (not because she can’t save herself, but because she chooses to be saved)

And let’s face it, my man is a writer (correction an awesome writer) so he has a better imagination than me and he probably would do a much better job of coming up with something more romantic.

So (no pressure honey) I look forward to my future, which is unknown, with excitement, not trepidation and fear. And whatever may be may be. Que sera sera



2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh he needs to propose, and do it well. I agree with you 0 it's th eone thing my feminist side does not want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must say, I am also a girly girl. I want to be swept off my feet. My DH never even proposed. We were talking about marriage and just decided to go for it. I told him that I want my ring redone and that he needs to propose properly.
    ANd yes, Scott needs to propose and do it WELL!

    ReplyDelete